Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security questions

HI :

how could i get my security questions back or simply reste them , in case i have forgotten my rréponses and my second e-mail passWord , please help me to deal with

regards

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 12:33 AM

7 replies

Mar 13, 2015 12:37 AM in response to slimanefromalgiers

If you can't remember them and don't have access to your rescue email account then you will have to contact Support in your country to get the questions reset.

Contacting Apple about account security : Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

If your country isn't on that page then try this form to contact Support : https://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

When they've been reset you can then update your rescue email address to an account that you have access to for potential future use : Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Apr 10, 2015 11:17 AM in response to sh151000

Who did you contact ? As long as they can confirm your id and that it's your account Support should be able to reset the questions for you, their page for resetting them, If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support, includes :

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

Is that how you contacted them ?

Apr 10, 2015 6:23 PM in response to King_Penguin

I contacted them by email and Apple security by phone multiple times. It was supposedly escalated to engineering who replied they had no way to unlock the account if I don't know the answer to the question or have a rescue email. Security was able to confirm my identify multiple ways but still state they cannot help me. I offered to have my attorney draw up a legal document to confirm my identity -- no luck there. There are at least 4096 variations of the answer to my favorite teacher - I can try 6 answers every 8 hours it will take me 102 days if I don't sleep. I think their system could be corrupted the actual question is "what's the name of my favorite teacher?".

Apr 10, 2015 6:27 PM in response to King_Penguin

To reset the security question, iTunes Department is in need of some info to reset your questions.

E.g.: If you saved up your phone number, they can send you a SMS code.

If you know your password you can sign in to appleid.apple.com and then generate a PIN and tell it to iTunes advisor..? What's next ? If iTunes advisor gets two correct info, he can reset your questions immediately and then you will sign in to appleid.apple.com and then system will ask you to create new questions!

Apr 10, 2015 6:45 PM in response to Boreas90

They confirmed that the password hasn't changed since 2010 and I know the password but I am locked out and need to answer the security question. Without the password - which I know- or the security question answers they say they cannot help. So net net - no password, no security question answer - no access. The temporary pin only works if you can access the account....I know my password ..... so frustrating

Security questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.