Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite keeps asking log in password for icloud

At each boot I am requested to submit password for i-cloud, which is not accepted even if it is correct, If I cancel the request twice everithig goes bacxk to normal. This is only on one of the three mac I use.

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 4:42 AM

I have solved this problem which was driving me nuts !l In my case, it was because I had a while ago opted for "two step verification".

OSX now wants you to input an app specific password for Messenger, Facetime and other apps you may use like Fantastical or Day One.
clue is a LOGO on the box that pops up asking for the password ... not obvious I only gleaned this from another thread ... or try clicking on the text saying "password required for .... " and it might give you a clue.

You create the app specific password by going to the manage your ID section on your apple account under password and security.

NOTE TO APPLE. In the next update make the box say "XYZ App requires a specific password for xxx@email.com account" or similar

Hope that helps

M a r k

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2015 4:42 AM in response to Ario Arioldi

I have solved this problem which was driving me nuts !l In my case, it was because I had a while ago opted for "two step verification".

OSX now wants you to input an app specific password for Messenger, Facetime and other apps you may use like Fantastical or Day One.
clue is a LOGO on the box that pops up asking for the password ... not obvious I only gleaned this from another thread ... or try clicking on the text saying "password required for .... " and it might give you a clue.

You create the app specific password by going to the manage your ID section on your apple account under password and security.

NOTE TO APPLE. In the next update make the box say "XYZ App requires a specific password for xxx@email.com account" or similar

Hope that helps

M a r k

Yosemite keeps asking log in password for icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.