Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old Macbook Pro gone; the newer one puts my Apple ID at device limit

My current Macbook Pro is the fifth Mac registered to my Apple ID. My previous MBPro suffered a fatal hardware failure (overheated) and cannot Startup to remove its registration. I have a similar problem with my current iMac, which replaced a much older iMac. How can I un-register those out of use Macs from my Apple ID?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 6:39 AM

6 replies

Mar 25, 2015 9:19 PM in response to Livin Easy

Found the answer within seconds of walking into an Apple store. The greeter heard my problem, said he would help me if necessary once I logged into iCloud Drive on a store Mac, and left me to complete his very brief instructions.

At this point I could tell you what he instructed, but then it would provide what Apple Support Basics should offer immediately when a question like mine is posed online, from any browser anywhere in the world.

So vent your frustration at Apple for a non-answer here. Their search of the discussion data base should not even be needed, because a search or question posed in the Support realm should suffice. Tell 'em so, as I am doing.

Mar 26, 2015 12:47 AM in response to Livin Easy

Livin Easy wrote:

At this point I could tell you what he instructed, but then it would provide what Apple Support Basics should offer immediately when a question like mine is posed online, from any browser anywhere in the world.

You mean like this? -

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

which says

'You should deauthorize all computers if:

• Your computer doesn't work anymore.
  • You sold or gave away a computer and didn't deauthorize it first.'

and gives instructions on doing this.

My old Macbook Pro gone; the newer one puts my Apple ID at device limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.