Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to remove Apple Watch App?

Is there a way to remove Apple Watch App? If one does not plan on buying a watch why should we have it on our IOS devices taking up memory.

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 5:32 AM

12 replies

Apr 17, 2015 5:36 AM in response to anypats

The fact does 8.2 supports Apple Watch shouldn't mean the app is forced down our throats simply to accept an update that has a bunch of bug fixes. The other problem I have with this app is it doesn't even report the storage use it's taking up. With IOS8 already a hog on space this only makes things worse. It's adware/bloatware however you want to name it and Apple should remove it. If Apple is saying it's a permission issue, I take that as a cop-out,more likely it's marketing ploy to make every iPhone owner take note that Apple is launching a new product.

Leave IOS clean! If you do a search online many people are upset that more and more unnecessary apps are being added.

Apr 17, 2015 5:35 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thats not the point. Why are we not allowed to criticize what is clearly a shady practice- especially as im finding out 8.2 also includes a hidden "Activity" app that only appears after you pair your watch - but in terms of storage is there the whole time? You comment belittling this annoyance is not helpful and is off topic. It's one tiny little program every few months and now my AppleCrap folder contains more items than ever.

Mar 13, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Frisbalicious

Frisbalicious wrote:

Thats not the point. Why are we not allowed to criticize what is clearly a shady practice- especially as im finding out 8.2 also includes a hidden "Activity" app that only appears after you pair your watch - but in terms of storage is there the whole time? You comment belittling this annoyance is not helpful and is off topic. It's one tiny little program every few months and now my AppleCrap folder contains more items than ever.

I was responding to your histrionic and, by your definition, off topic post about having things "forced down your throat". You've been given the only possible answers you can get from this forum.

Oct 7, 2015 6:40 PM in response to NYmacFan09

I completely agree with you, I hate the fact that I have these apps in my phone which I pay for and a LOT of money and I do not want them there.

I believe is for people like the one that reply in this question that we do not progress in many ways. If you do not like something for what you pay for and its a legit complain, you definitely have the right to complain.

I get notice of full memory all the time because I like to take pictures and having apps that I do not want or need should not be a problem. I honestly do not get why enforcing these apps in the phone if we are not using them.

I did not read if there was an smart answer to the question if they can be deleted or not but let me know if they can.

(to the guy that has bigger problems in his life, I am sorry about that but this is a legit concern. To the guy that has more channels than he needs, files in his PC and he wants and nipples and belly bottom that do not need, you can cancel the channels you do not need and not pay for them in case you do not know, you can delete the files you do not need from your PC and please remove your nipples and let us know how that goes. Please give smart answers the next time people. This is Support forum for questions like this.)

Is there a way to remove Apple Watch App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.