Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail emails are delayed or not sending to iCloud

A very strange issue started out of the blue a couple of days ago. I have my gmail account forwarding to my iCloud (me.com). My friend asked me if I got his email the other day, never went through. After some testing I found out that all of a sudden Gmail messages are not being forwarded or sent to my iCloud. Some are even bouncing back. Any idea what the problem might be? Why would it start out of the blue?

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 6:21 AM

212 replies

Mar 13, 2015 7:30 AM in response to aixen21

Update:

I just had a bunch of emails come through via gmail to iCloud, but way late. Some where from yesterday, some from this morning. Some haven't come through yet. So it appears the major problem is that there is a severe lag.

I also forgot to post the error message I got in gmail:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

XXXXXXX@me.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain me.com by mx4.mail.icloud.com.

The error that the other server returned was:

451 4.5.3 Too many rejections; try again later.

Mar 14, 2015 5:27 PM in response to Chutiyeah

I'm having the same problem and forwarding is turned on. The emails eventually arrive but are delayed, sometimes over 48 hours. I talked to apple; they said it was gmail. I went through gmail's online help and send them a trouble ticket which included the raw header. Hopefully someone at gmail will look at it and get back to me. --Pam

Gmail emails are delayed or not sending to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.