Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 8.2 upgrade, screen no longer displays color.

I have restarted the phone several times.I have played with the accessibility settings (grayscale and invert colors) but that has not solved the problem. when I turn my phone and the orientation switches, I see a brief flash of color, but then it is gone (when grayscale is on there is no color flash).

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 7:49 AM

6 replies

Mar 16, 2015 7:04 AM in response to Markwoody

Hey Markwoody,

Wow! That definitely sounds frustrating, but good job so far isolating and troubleshooting the issue. We have a few more steps that we can try in an attempt to resolve this issue:

First, it sounds like you have tried restarting your phone. Let’s try a reset instead:

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201559

How to reset

- You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart it.

- To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

If the issue persists, we’ll want to restore your device to factory settings and test once more. You can backup your device, but be sure to restore it as new first for isolation purposes, as restoring a backup can sometimes restore the same issues that you were experiencing before.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Thanks,

Matt M.

Mar 17, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Markwoody

Hey Markwoody,

Thanks for the follow up. Yes, restoring your backup may restore the issues to your device. If the issue is resolved once the device has been restored to a factory configuration, you’ll want to use other methods to restore your information:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht4137

After erasing and setting up as a new device, your device is now in a factory configuration. Re-try what you were trying when you first found the issue to determine if erasing and setting up as a new device resolved the issue. Content on the device might have caused the unexpected behavior.

- If the issue persists, you might want to contact Apple Support.

- If the issue is resolved, sync one type of content at a time back to your device. For example, if you had an issue playing music, add songs from iTunes and confirm that they will play. If your contacts weren't loading successfully, add the contacts back. After each sync, test to see if the issue has returned.

Thanks,

Matt M.

Mar 19, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Markwoody

I had 'invert colors' stuck on after upgrading to 8.2. I saw this post and was preparing to backup -> restore when I found this:

Connect iPhone to iTunes... (You may also want to backup in case this doesnt work). I had set iCloud to backup some things, but changed to a local, full backup.

Under the iTunes iPhone tab, Go to the Options frame [I unchecked all sync options, not sure if necessary], and choose Accessibility from there. Change settings as you like, one of which is Invert Colors.

Once I selected there, and checked / ran sync - it worked!

After iOS 8.2 upgrade, screen no longer displays color.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.