Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

author unknown and description missing

I've tried several times to update my feed to fill in the right <itunes> tags. I got the image tag right but the author remains unknown and the description is missing.

Can anyone tell me how to adjust my feed to get this correct and then have iTunes recognize I made the change? Here is the feed:

http://evertomorrow.bouncingballmedia.com/category/horizonhub/feed/

The rest of the feed is working correctly, I've confirmed new episodes are getting recognized.

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 3:04 PM

The problem is that your tags are not properly constructed, so iTunes is defaulting to the 'description' tag.

<itunes:author text="Georgia Ball and Jessie-Lynn Jones"/> should read:

<itunes:author>Georgia Ball and Jessie-Lynn Jones</itunes:author>

(also you have the tag in twice, though the second will be ignored).

The same error applies to the 'itunes:summary' tag and again you have the tag in twice.

Within the episode you don't have any 'itunes:subtitle' or 'itunes:summary' tags so again iTunes is defaulting to the text in the 'description' tag. When subscribing the 'itunes:subtitle' text appears in the 'Description' column and the 'itunes:summary' appears when you click the 'i' at the end of the line.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2015 3:04 PM in response to askmaridee

The problem is that your tags are not properly constructed, so iTunes is defaulting to the 'description' tag.

<itunes:author text="Georgia Ball and Jessie-Lynn Jones"/> should read:

<itunes:author>Georgia Ball and Jessie-Lynn Jones</itunes:author>

(also you have the tag in twice, though the second will be ignored).

The same error applies to the 'itunes:summary' tag and again you have the tag in twice.

Within the episode you don't have any 'itunes:subtitle' or 'itunes:summary' tags so again iTunes is defaulting to the text in the 'description' tag. When subscribing the 'itunes:subtitle' text appears in the 'Description' column and the 'itunes:summary' appears when you click the 'i' at the end of the line.

author unknown and description missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.