Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPad mini while traveling recently. Tried using Find My iPhone app to locate it, but it didn't show up...probably because not turned on. I have the original receipt with article number and serial number. Is there any way to locate it wit

I lost my iPad mini while traveling recently. I tried using the Find My iPhone App (which showed my iMac, my iPhones, my old iPad, and my macbook) but the mini didn't show up...probably because it was turned off or the battery ran down.

I still have the original receipt from when I purchased it, showing the article number and the serial number. Is there any way to locate it with that info?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 9:13 AM

1 reply

Mar 13, 2015 9:30 AM in response to sgb0215

No, unless you had Find My iPad enabled on it then there isn't any way to try and locate it.

Have you reported it to the police in case somebody hands it in ? You should also change your iTunes account password, your email account passwords, and any passwords that you'd stored on websites/emails/notes etc., and if it was a cellular model also contact your carrier.

I lost my iPad mini while traveling recently. Tried using Find My iPhone app to locate it, but it didn't show up...probably because not turned on. I have the original receipt with article number and serial number. Is there any way to locate it wit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.