Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Vixia HF R62 AVCHD Support

I purchased the recently-released Canon Vixia HF R62, and am having trouble with iMovie recognizing my AVCHD videos. iMovie's camera support page confirms that AVCHD is supported.

However, when I attempt to import new movies in iMovie 10.0.7, only MP4 movies are available.

While I had hoped that an iMovie update might resolve this issue, it appears that the 10.0.7 update released March 9th did not resolve it. I also installed Security Updated 2015-002 hoping it may have some drivers snuck it, but alas it did not (I also installed the security update for the, you know, security, but I digress...).

Does it usually take Apple a bit to update iMovie with drivers for new cameras?

Thank you all in advance for any guidance you can offer.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 9:36 AM

6 replies

Mar 16, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Karsten Schlüter

It's taken me a few days to get a memory card. I've tried formatting the internal memory and shooting only AVCHD, and still not luck importing into iMovie.

I've also tried shooting directly to the external memory and shooting only AVCHD, and iMovie also says there are no recordings available.

The camera does allow transferring from internal to external memory, but that didn't help either.

Mar 16, 2015 4:57 PM in response to vassego

Just following-up after I was able to get a temporary workaround in place. The camera doesn't show up in Finder or Disk Utility either.

However, I am able to connect a memory card reader and import video from the memory card using that method. This still isn't ideal, because I can't use the internal memory, but at least this will work for now.

Mar 17, 2015 6:55 AM in response to vassego

vassego wrote:

… The camera doesn't show up in Finder or Disk Utility either.…

hmm. perhaps there's some setting in your cam which has to be selected… cannot find a Manual on the fly,... I've seen camcorders, which need to be set 'usb output' or 'play' or 'remote' or whatever ... 😉

Clever idea of yours, to test a card-reader - that narrows to reasons for fail ...

Canon Vixia HF R62 AVCHD Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.