Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messaging is very slow on ios 8.2 with iPhone 4s

After upgrading my 4s to ios 8.2, messaging is very slow - it can take 30 seconds to open messaging, view list of messages or open a single message. Sometimes messaging 'gives up' and returns me to home screen. Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 2:03 PM

I've had the same problem. Reloaded it and set it up as a new phone and it was still slow if it worked at all. The store to replace the unit but they thought that might not help. They were right, and said to wait until 8.2.x came out. My latest backup is in 8.2 so going back to 8.1.x is not an option. It sad that apple release the code for the 4s with this kind of issue. I don't need a 5 or 6 because this phone 'just worked'. Now that it doesn't I'll wait it out to see if the update come out soon.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 13, 2015 2:03 PM in response to ssancetta

I've had the same problem. Reloaded it and set it up as a new phone and it was still slow if it worked at all. The store to replace the unit but they thought that might not help. They were right, and said to wait until 8.2.x came out. My latest backup is in 8.2 so going back to 8.1.x is not an option. It sad that apple release the code for the 4s with this kind of issue. I don't need a 5 or 6 because this phone 'just worked'. Now that it doesn't I'll wait it out to see if the update come out soon.

Mar 27, 2015 10:12 AM in response to Lurock812

I have solved my problem - after reloading and restoring phone from backup (like my Apple Store guy told me to do) and getting no improvement, I:

1. Backed up contacts and photos to iCloud

2. Reloaded and set up as new phone

3. Instead of restoring the backup, I just restored my contacts and photos, and reinstalled the few apps I actually use.

It is zippier than ever - feels like a new phone. Of course I lost all my "Two Dots" game progress :-O

Messaging is very slow on ios 8.2 with iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.