Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos suddenly stop playing in my presentation

I am inserting 11 short clips of a video in my presentation. All goes fine but then I change some text and suddenly all the videos stop behaving as videos. The image of the video is still there but no arrow to indicate it can be played. When I play the presentation the videos don't play. In the editor the edit video section of the Movie toolbar on the right is greyed out. I try deleting the video clip and reinserting it but Keynote says it can't be inserted.

I am using several different clips of the same video.

Has anyone any ideas?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Keynote 6.5

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 1:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2015 7:56 AM in response to gillian smith1

It has happened again to me with a different presentation and a different computer—in front of an audience this time😟

Here is a thought about what might be happening...

I have copied slides from Keynote 5 into a new presentation in Keynote 6, and then reinserted the videos in mv4 format—probably with the same name but different extension. Perhaps the program is not updating the file name properly. Then when the file reopens, it looks at the filenames, which still have .mov or mp4 extension and does not recognise them, and gives an error message saying some movies are no longer available.

I don't know how the links work so if this is a possibility or not.

Videos suddenly stop playing in my presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.