Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I create a button to play all movies in iDVD 7.1.2

I have created a DVD of music videos I have made. Right now they have to be played individually, returning to the main menu each time.

Is there a way I can create a button to play all the movies? So far I have 10 on the disc. I'd guess each is under 5 minutes. Thanks! I'm on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. iDVD works well for me.

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 9:33 AM

No. iDVD does not have that feature. However, there are two ways you can do this:

1 - join the 10 segments into one movie file. It's quite easy if you have Quicktime Pro and Quicktime Player 7. Other video editing apps can do the job.

2 - you can create a slideshow in iDVD and add each of the movies to it so they all will play one after another:

User uploaded file

Set the Slide duration to anything but Manual. Do not select a transition and add no music to the slideshow.

Remember, the playing time of the entire project should be less than 120 minutes including menu's playing time in order for you to use a single layer DVD disc.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2015 9:33 AM in response to James Madison Thomas

No. iDVD does not have that feature. However, there are two ways you can do this:

1 - join the 10 segments into one movie file. It's quite easy if you have Quicktime Pro and Quicktime Player 7. Other video editing apps can do the job.

2 - you can create a slideshow in iDVD and add each of the movies to it so they all will play one after another:

User uploaded file

Set the Slide duration to anything but Manual. Do not select a transition and add no music to the slideshow.

Remember, the playing time of the entire project should be less than 120 minutes including menu's playing time in order for you to use a single layer DVD disc.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

can I create a button to play all movies in iDVD 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.