Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 weather app not working / every city is 79/82 degrees

Since getting my iPhone 6, the weather app has never worked. For several weeks, I would just get the dashes instead of any temp, no matter how long you wait there was no updated info... it just sort of hangs there. Now I get temp info, however EVERY city shows the temps as Low 79, High 82. Seattle, Las Vegas, New York etc... all display exactly the same temps.

I have quit the app, restarted AND restored the phone and nothing resolves the issue. And yes, I have gone to the weather channel webpage (via icon in weather app) as some users say that has resolved weird issues within the iOS app, however it does nothing for me.

Any help or ideas?

64 gig iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 13, 2015 8:12 PM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2015 12:53 PM in response to DarthDigital

Howdy DarthDigital,

It sounds like all the weather for every city you setup is all the same temperature even after restoring from a backup. I would next restore it as a new device, and test it on a clean install with nothing restored to it:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If the issue does not persist then it has been isolated to the backup itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

iOS 8 weather app not working / every city is 79/82 degrees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.