Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch app

How did I end up with the Apple Watch sync app on my iPhone, and how do I get rid of it? Just appeared out of the blue.

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 3:34 AM

The apple watch app auto downloaded when you updated to iOS 8.2, you can't delete it ether.

7 replies

Mar 14, 2015 3:35 AM in response to PuppyDogMom

It is part of iOS8.2 as advertised in the update description. It is a System App which means you cannot delete it. Just hide it in another folder or on your last Apps Page. It does nothing unless you sync it to the Apple Watch when released and takes up next to no space. It is similar to Stocks, Compass and similar apps that some others may find useless, but were clearly marked as being part of the iOS they were installing. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Cheers

Pete

Mar 14, 2015 5:10 AM in response to PuppyDogMom

PuppyDogMom wrote:

Thanks...wonder if I should have updated. I jut automatically assume that it's best to do that.

It usually is. However, since you are the one in control of your iPhone, you have the option of waiting to update until you've read about what the update entails. Documentation about the contents of the update are available publicly usually as soon as the update goes live to the public. And you do have the responsibility to familiarize yourself with the update contents prior to installing it. Next time, if you have any concerns, read and understand the update contents prior to updating.

Apple watch app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.