Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone help me with iPod/iTunes syncing problems after recent software update?

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me. Last week I updated my iPod to the latest software (8.2). Today I deleted some albums from iTunes and added a few others. I also made some changes to a few of my playlists. I then synched iTunes and my iPod. However the synching has not worked.

When I connect my iPod, it shows up in iTunes pretty instantly. When I click on sync, I can see in iTunes that it is syncing and also on my iPod, but the changes do not appear on my iPod afterwards. Also, after the first syncing attempt, I lost two-thirds of my album cover art. So, I lost covert art, but no other changes were made. The albums I deleted from iTunes are still on my iPod and the ones I added to iTunes are not on my iPod.

I have looked at the music on my iPod while connected to iTunes. I can see the songs/albums I have added are there, but they appear in grey and have a doted circle (to the left) next to them. This shows that they have not synched (I guess).

I have already restarted my McBook Pro and iPod a few times. I synched my iPod with iTunes after every restart, but it has not made any difference. I also deleted the music I added to iTunes and added it again. I synched iTunes and my iPod after this, but it has made no difference.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks

Summary:

• Updated iPod to iOS 8.2.
  • Made changes in iTunes i.e. delete and added music
  • iTunes and iPod show they are synching, but changes to not appear on iPod.
  • Also lost cover art on iPod after synching.

Products:

• iPod Touch, latest generation
  • iTunes 12.1.0.50
  • MackBok Pro OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 9:50 AM

Sometimes restoring the iPod works. However, there appears to be a bug in the latest iTunes since other users are reporting the same problem.

2 replies

Can anyone help me with iPod/iTunes syncing problems after recent software update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.