Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not all my photos from old 4s went over to new 5s??? Why

I Bought 5s. Backed my old 4s up . Set my new 5s but only this years photos went on??? How can I get my old photos from 4s onto my 5s

also in I cloud on 4s the I cloud photo library is on and says there is 130 to upload but the blue bar never gets very far so it never completes

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 6:58 AM

7 replies

Mar 14, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

I don't think that is correct. All photos in an iPhone should be included in the backup regardless of where they came from.

Yes, i believe that is correct. Synced photos are assumed to be backed up on your computer (in higher resolution actually)

From here: Should I use iTunes or iCloud to back up my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch? - Apple Support

iCloud Backup doesn't back up music, movies, and TV shows that you didn't purchase from the iTunes Store, or any podcasts, audio books, or photos that you originally synced from your computer. iCloud Backup will restore your purchased music, movie, and app content from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store during the background restore process. Previous purchases might be unavailable if they're no longer in the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.

and here: Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes - Apple Support

What iTunes backs up

• Photos (photos, screenshots, images saved, and videos taken) and Saved Photos (in devices without a camera).

I.e., the Camera Roll

Not all my photos from old 4s went over to new 5s??? Why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.