Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5g wont add my songs

So 2 days ago, I updated my iPod to iOS 8.2 and then plugged it onto my iMac for adding new songs. Suddenly I noticed all my songs gone from the iPod. No songs on my iPod but iTunes showed me all 2000 under the iPod tab. I clicked on them, all of them had the cannot locate ⚠ mark. I restored the iPod then will all data in backup. Now I'm adding songs, and they load just fine. After a while, new songs dont get added and then every song in the iPod has ⚠ and all of them are gone again. How do I fix this

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 8:28 AM

6 replies

Mar 14, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Ananyaa

This happened to me too on my 4th gen iPod touch, and it seems that many other users were affected by this problem.

The issue is connected to the last iTunes update (12.1.0.50), and I think the only solutions waiting for the next update :\

Luckily I have a computer on which I have never installed the faulty update (a Windows PC), so I can sync normally without problems on it, but whenever I use another computer (i tried with Mac and other Windows versions) with the new iTunes update, all of my songs get deleted again.

Mar 14, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Oceansoul221

I just wanna be sure it's iTunes and that its got nothing to do with my iPod, like a virus or something (honestly Ive never jailbroken or anything so I dont see why there should be a virus)

But there's gotta be a solution for it right?

and if a new update is the only solution, i really hope that apple's working on it because im dying here...

Mar 22, 2015 6:38 AM in response to Ananyaa

Have you been able to solve the problem with your iPod? if not, I hope to be helpful with this:

I'm not exactly sure about know how or why, but it seems that lately I've been able to sync again my device (iPod touch 4th gen) without losing my music...

On iTunes, I un-checked the manually manage music option, then I created on my computer a playlist with all the music I want on my iPod, and on iTunes -> my iPod -> Music I checked the option Sync Music and then Selected Playlists, artists and genres. Then I selected only the playlist I created before.

Now whenever I add a song to the playlist, as soon as I connect the iPod to my computer it automatically syncs it and so far it hasn't deleted any song.

I keep my finger crossed hoping the problem won't come back again!

iPod 5g wont add my songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.