Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music disappeared from iphone after 8.2 update

After the 8.2 update all music disappeared from my iPhone. I manage my music manually, but I don't seen to be able to put the songs back on. Just the dotted circle in front of the songs if I drag them back to my iphone. iPhone stays empty. I can hit 'sync' or restart or whatever, nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 7:27 AM

3 replies

Mar 27, 2015 12:27 PM in response to illbilly

Update:

The problem seems to be with my Apple ID on my Mac (connected to my iPhone when everything disappeared). My Apple ID appeared to work only on a few applications: it worked in the Store, but not in my calendars, etc. When checking my account online I had to change my password (?) and from that point nothing worked. Now I can't sign in to iCloud except... on my iPhone...

Apple Support wasn't able to fix it so it's at the Tech department now, I am told.

So the problem seems to be (in my case) a dodgy Apple ID thing, hidden deep deep inside my Mac's OS.

Still can't tell if it was caused by the iOS 8.2 update.

Mar 28, 2015 6:31 AM in response to g_eek

Hmmm! My problem is just that as I choose to manually manage the music on my phone, everything on their is handpicked by me to be on there. I updated to 8.2. Now when I look on my phone, it shows NO songs in Itunes. If i hook the phone to an Imac and look at it in itunes. It has all the songs and shows as still in music on the phone, but I cant play any of it, or copy any new music on.

Apple support is telling me I have to restore the phone and there is no fix. So i'll have to spend hours recopying my selected tracks over because they cant test their updates properly.

Its sad that their updates tend to break something on my phone about as often as they fix a bug that is effecting me. Should just stay a few versions back at all times I guess.

-G

Music disappeared from iphone after 8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.