Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading accessory firmware

I connect my IPad to a TV HDM slot with the Apple Lighning Digital AV Adapter.

This allows me to watch vide on the TV from my iPad. Also to watch the BBC iPlayer feed from the iPad to the TV.

Since the last OS upgrade this does not seem to be working and I get the message "Downloading accessory firmware. Your accessory will not function until the download completes. OK".

However nothing is downloading and still cannot connect the iPad to the TV via the adapter lead.

Anyone suggest what is going on here ?

iPad, iOS 8, null

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 9:19 AM

The Lightning Digital AV Adapter has firmware. Presumably that is what the message is referring to.

How do you know that nothing is being downloaded?

20 replies

Mar 27, 2015 7:42 AM in response to jacbee123

I called apple technical support and they said that they had not heard of this problem. They suggested to me to backup my phone to the iCloud or iTunes on my computer and then restore my iPhone. I did restore my iPhone and now the av adapter lightning cord is working again and playing videos and content from my iPhone to my flat screen. Yes! So happy this worked.

Apr 2, 2015 8:43 AM in response to jacbee123

I have the same problem. After a long talk with Apple Support they told me the device will not work with IOS 8.2. I tried it with another Ipad Mini Retina 2 belonging to a friend and IT WORKS. It has the same version of IOS (8.2). The only difference is mine is 32GB and with 3G, the other one that works is 16GB without 3G, All Apple had to offer was wait for IOS 9.0 and maybe it will be sorted out. They didn't offer to give me my £25 back though.

downloading accessory firmware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.