Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMacr g3 reset

I've got a iMac G3 (bondi blue) and I'm trying to reset to the original settings.
I do have the installation disc and the reset disc. When I use the latter I can't reset the system. I get the notification my harddisc is functioning as start-updisc.
I'm not too smart with computers and I don't know what I am supposed to do.
Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 9:39 AM

3 replies

Mar 14, 2015 10:36 PM in response to Evertson

Which "settings" do you wish to reset? Are you trying to re-install the operating system software from the Restore disk? If so, you need to restart the iMac from that Restore disk by selecting it as the Startup Disk with the Startup Disk Control Panel. As an alternative method, you can turn on the computer with the CD inserted in the optical drive and immediately hold down the "C" key until the computer has booted from the Restore disk. Once you have booted from the optical drive, you will be able to erase/reformat the hard drive (if desired) and re-install the OS software from the disk. If you have more questions about your G3 iMac, I'd recommend that you post them in the designated "iMac Forum" for older models with a PowerPC processor. You'll get informative responses from other users who have a lot of experience with your model iMac.

iMacr g3 reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.