Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 5g not charging

My iPod was charging perfectly normal for the whole time I've had (a little less than a year) and it recently stopped charging. I've gotten really worried since I'm going to the movies with my friends today and I also just need my iPod. I've tried putting a toothpick in the USB port (I think that's what it's called) and then I've plugged it in...and it still didn't work. I don't think I put it in too forcefully.

I was on my computer earlier, and then I plugged it in. Whenever I've plugged it in on the computer, it has been a little weird. It charged, then stopped, then charged, then stopped. But today, it charged, then completely stopped. I freaked out and went to an outlet, it still wouldn't charge. I've read discussions on here but none of them helped. I've went to a couple outlets but it still wouldn't charge.

Please help. I really need my iPod (okay, it's not necessary, but please)

Thanks to anyone who helps!

PS. Should I go to Best Buy or something to see if they can help since I don't have an Apple store near me?

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 11:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 14, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Caligirl2001

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod touch 5g not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.