Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes splits my albums

When I import a multi-disc album into my iTunes library, I always take care to edit the info of all CDs and make all of them identical except the disc #. This makes sure that all discs of the album are correctly grouped as one album by iTunes.

I never have this problem when group CDs using the iTunes of my MacBook. However, problems occurs when I sync the library of my laptop with my iPhone. The multi-disc albums, which are correctly grouped on my laptop, are often split in my iPhone's music library. I have completely no idea of why this happens and how to solve this problem. Any suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 11:45 AM

2 replies

Nov 19, 2015 6:12 PM in response to chataulait

I have the same problem - but only with some multi-disc albums. I have gone through the metadata on each file in iTunes and all the information that should identify them as being part of a single album is identical in every file/track but still the iPhone considers them parts of two separate album (one for disc 1 and another for disc 2).

The other weird thing is that the Artist info is the same for every track on both discs, yet on disc 2, the iPhone's Library View lists the Artist as "Unknown Artist," while on disc 1 the iPhone correctly shows the Artist listed in the metadata.

I have not been able to figure out why this happens with some multi-disc albums but not with others.

iTunes splits my albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.