Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored my iPod with 6.1.6 but Backups are 8.1

Ok so.. I have an iPod 4Gen with ios 6.1.6 and I jailbroke changed the ios to 8.1 when I restored I went to get a backup the backups are all ios 8.1 and above
How do I Fix???

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 8.1.1, Jailbroken

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 1:23 PM

7 replies

Mar 14, 2015 1:53 PM in response to MarkiShark

Sounds like you backed up the device, then jailbroke it, and downgraded the iOS. Now you want to restore the newer backup. Not going to happen. You cannot restore a newer backup to an older iOS device. You need to either try and remove the jailbreak and update the iPod correctly to iOS 8.x, or live with the fact you will not be able to use the iOS backup on your jailbroken iOS 6.1.6 device.

Mar 14, 2015 3:08 PM in response to MarkiShark

MarkiShark wrote:

ok I get it... if I create a new ipod with same apple ID will it give me all my purchases and photos back then???

If you create a new iPod? What do you mean by that? If you purchase a new one and log into the same iTunes account, you can get your past purchases, but not your photos, unless they are in iCloud.

Either way, the discussion of jailbroken devices is not allowed on the forum. It is a violation of the TOS that you agreed to when you joined.

Restored my iPod with 6.1.6 but Backups are 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.