Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 purchased ring tones missing

hello,

I Have updated to iOS 8.2 and have noticed my purchased ring tones have gone missing.

i have already searched on the help forum & found a similar query, but it does not work for me..

i have never backed up to iTunes on a PC (is that a little old school? and I thought that is why I'm paying the extra for iCloud for sharing on our iPad & wife's iPhone too?)

The iTunes.com/restore-tones States 'your tones were not affected.' So I'm not sure what to do next. (my tones are not appearing on the wife's iPhone 5s, but her downloaded ringtones are still on her phone .)

i have a iPhone 6+ and my wife has a iPhone 5s both running iOS 8.2

thanks for the anticipated help & if there are any issues please let me know,

cheers

nigel

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 12:20 PM

If you purchased the ring tones at the App Store you should be able to download then for free. Look at the purchased area on the App Store ano if you find it try a downloaf. Good Luck!

10 replies

Mar 15, 2015 12:41 AM in response to kcobbs

Hello Kcoobs,

Thanks for the help, but that does not work either.

if I go to the ring tone in iTunes that I have already paid for, but cannot see in the iPhone setting, and if I try and down load it, than iTunes tells me 'ring tone has already been purchased, do you wish to purchase again' for 99pence.

so iTunes recognises that i have already bought the ring tone, but I'm just not sure where to look or what to do to find it. I've also tried shutting down the iPhone a couple of times to see if that helps, no luck..

thanks again for the help, any more ideas?!

cheers

nigel

Mar 15, 2015 7:01 AM in response to lllaass

Hi lllaass,

i have tried all that you & the others have suggested, but still no luck.

i have never backed up to iTunes on a PC or Mac as we share one account / iCloud between my wifes iPhone 5s, iPad 4 & my iPhone 6+ (all now running iOS 8.2), so do not sync it with a Pc, etc.

I have taken the other part of your advice & raised a support ticket with Apple to see if they can reset / reapply my ringtone purchases.

Thanks again for all the help & if Apple support sort out my issue or I find anything of use I'll post it onto this page.

Cheers,

Nigel

Mar 31, 2015 2:45 AM in response to Poloned

Hi Guy,

sorry for the delay, but Apple took forever to get back to me & the matter had to be elevated to get resolved.

it is not possible to recover the ringtones without their help & access to a PC or MAC running iTunes.

all sorted now, see the last Apple email below.

i hope this was helpful to anyone else going through the same issue

if there are any problems please let me kno.

best regards

nigel

User uploaded file
Thanks for choosing Apple.

Hello Nigel,

This is Rachel here from the iTunes Store. I am a senior advisor here at iTunes Support and I will be taking over your case today. I understand that you are unable to access your purchased ringtones on your iPhone 6. I certainly appreciate the importance of being able to enjoy what you have paid for and I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Before addressing your email, I want to let you know that we realize that there has been a delay in answering your email. I appreciate your patience to this point and will do everything I can to assist you as quickly as possible from this point on.

Nigel, to start, I was able to go through your account and locate all of your previously purchased ringtones, and have manually posted all of these ringtones that are still available in the Tone Store back to your account for download.

Please note though that when ringtones are posted back to an account for download, the only way in which they can be accessed on your end is on the same device that they were originally purchased on, if that device has not been updated since the ringtones were purchased, or through iTunes on a computer. While I do see that the computer that you are working on is an older PC, I do trust that these steps will work on it:

1) Open iTunes. From the Store menu at the top, choose Check for Available Downloads. You can also click this link to do the same thing:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/checkForPurchases

2) Enter your account name and password, then click the Check button.

The items should begin downloading and appear in your Purchased playlist.

Nigel, please let me know if you are now able to access these ringtones. The resolution of this matter is very important to me and I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Rachel

iTunes Store Customer Support Senior Advisor

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

TM and copyright © 2015
All Rights Reserved / Privacy Policy / Support / Give us feedback

iOS 8.2 purchased ring tones missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.