Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move an iMovie 10.0.7 project from one computer to another to continue editing?

I am using iMovie version 10.0.9 and created a project that I need to somehow move to another computer and continue editing in iMovie. How can I get a file that I can drop onto a drive and open up on another computer to continue editing? Exporting the movie is not an option, as you can no longer edit the movie. Thank you!

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 12:42 PM

1 reply

May 5, 2016 6:07 PM in response to kclair07

Search the online help for "Work with multiple libraries".

What I did was (copied from the help):

Create a new library

Choose File > Open Library > New.

In the Save dialog that appears, type a name for the new library, and navigate to the location where you want to save it.
The default location is the Movies folder in your home folder.

Click Save.
A new library is created in the location you chose, and a new, empty event with today’s date is created.

Then copied the projects to the new library:

Copy or move projects between libraries

Connect a storage device that contains the target library to your Mac, or copy the target library to your Mac.

Choose File > Open Library, and choose an option from the submenu.
You can choose from recently opened libraries, locate an existing library on your Mac, or create a new library.
The selected library is opened in the Libraries list, with the first event selected and its contents displayed in the browser.

Click the Projects button in the toolbar.

* Select the project you want to move or copy.

* Click the button to the right of the project name, then do one of the following:

* Copy the project to another library: Click Copy to Library, then choose a library from the submenu.

* Move the project to another library: Click Move to Library, then choose a library from the submenu.

How do I move an iMovie 10.0.7 project from one computer to another to continue editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.