Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Episodes Available Only With Season Pass

I have been buying individual episodes of Season 10, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I have spent $23.92 on eight episodes. Last Thursday I went to purchase episode 9 of the season and was informed that the episode was only available with a season pass. The season pass costs $23.99. I thought that if I went to purchase the season pass I would see its cost reflect the money I have already spent on purchasing the first eight episodes. However, when I try to purchase the season pass the screen says I am about to be charged the full amount, $23.99 for the pass. I don't want to go any further because I don't relish dealing with Apple customer service about an overcharge or double charge for episodes I've already purchased.

Has anyone else been put in the position thanks to these special episodes that cannot be purchased individually and if so, what did you do to add the episodes to your collection?

I have contacted the wonderful customer service at iTunes twice since the morning of the 12th with absolutely no reply.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 2:13 PM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2015 5:48 AM in response to spupilup1

I should add that I am not getting the "Complete Your Season" message when I am on the iTunes page with Season 10. The button for purchasing episode 9 is dark and cannot be clicked. It says "Season Only" inside the button. There will be another episode released this Thursday.

I have thousands of dollars in media purchased from iTunes over the last 12 years and have never run into this particular incident before. I have purchased individual episodes and then decided to add the entire season and pricing reflected the money I had already spent. This time, nothing.

The saddest thing is I've been waiting over three days for a response from Apple but I guess they're too busy to be bothered.

Mar 15, 2015 4:23 PM in response to spupilup1

II'm glad I'm not the only one dealing with this ridiculous mess. My story matches yours word for word. In fact, as I started reading I was half convinced that my email to apple was somehow posted here. i would really like a resolution to this problem and here's how the "geniuses" at apple responded...

Last week , the TV show "It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia" had a reduced dollar value for the Complete my Season option. I have purchased 8 episodes from this season at a rate of $2.99 per episode. $2.99x8 episodes comes out to $23.92 total spent on this season. The show is now showing a total cost of $23.99 to complete the season (which will most likely include only 1 or 2 more episoses). I shouldn't have to pay full price for this season. I had planned since the beginning to purchase each episode individually until the point where I could complete the season for less than the cost of the remaining episodes. This is how I've purchased almost every season of every tv show from iTunes. I am asking that I am given the opportunity to complete the season at the reduced price of a season pass since this was the option to me last week. Thank you- While I wait for your response I am planning on purchasing the new episode that came out yesterday. This episode will need to be taken into consideration when you have resolved my issue for me . Thank you for your time and effort in resolving this .

Hi Adam,

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Support. I understand that you have a question about Complete My Season eligibility. My name is Laura, I am an iTunes Store Senior Manager and your request has been escalated to me for review.

There are a few different reasons why your episode might not qualify for Complete My Season:

• The TV Season you are trying to complete may no longer be offered for sale on the iTunes Store.
• The episode(s) you own was or were free.
• The episode(s) you own was or were gifted to you.

To find more information about Complete My Season, please visit:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5070

We do not have the ability to offer a Complete My Season Pass once the offer is over.

Adam, I want to apologize again for the inconvenience this situation has caused. Please be assured that we are always looking for ways to improve your experience with the iTunes Store and Apple which is why we have a form you can fill out to submit your ideas and opinions.

We are always willing to learn more about what our valued customers, such as yourself, would like to see from us:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

We here at iTunes recognize that no one is better qualified to provide feedback about our Store than our customers. Your email may make the difference.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, Adam. I hope that you continue to enjoy using the iTunes Store. Please let me know if there are any other issues concerning your iTunes account giving you a hard time. I'll be happy to do what I can. If you reply directly to this email, your response will come to my inbox and be my top priority.

Sincerely,

Laura
Senior Advisor
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

TV Episodes Available Only With Season Pass

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.