Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Enrolment Program

Hello,

Got DEP setup and working with Meraki fine, now in the testing stage and wanting to add one of our iPads to DEP. I try entering the serial number into the Manage Devices on DEP and it comes up with this error. Couldn't assign devices: NOT_ACCESSIBLE.

Anyone know what this error means? - The Serial Code entered is correct, but getting this error message. The iPad was purchased from an authorized reseller from apple (Albion), and Apple themselves said can just type in the serial code and it should work but no luck..

Any help on this one would be much appreciated as got over 600 iPads to roll-out soon.

DEP-OTHER

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 2:56 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Frostmaul1235

I'm running into the same issue. Except in my case, it has just been particular ones, the majority has been just fine. I think I also remember hearing something about there being an issue with not buying them directly from Apple that could cause issues (maybe this one). The iPads giving me this error are the ones that I'm not sure of their origin, most Apple products we buy are buy with a quote that I generate, so I'm not for sure about these giving me the error. I'm also still looking for a solution...Have you had any progress?

Jun 8, 2015 3:20 AM in response to Mtwmcn

Hi, I'm getting the exact same problem/error as mentioned here. As far as I can see there isn't any troubleshooting guide for DEP to tell us what the error really means. Apple DEP documentation says "Any Apple Mac or iOS devices purchased on or after March 1, 2011 can be enrolled in DEP." But I've just uploaded a CSV of 214 iPad serial numbers purchased in the last 8 months and every one of them is 'NOT_ACCESSIBLE'.

Come on Apple what does 'NOT_ACCESSIBLE' mean? Why are we having this problem?

Device Enrolment Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.