Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

guitar polyphony

I am having issues with garageband guitar. When I record chords in piano, it records and plays fine, but when I change the sound to guitar, I lose the polyphony. and only one note out of the 6 notes in the track plays. What's wrong and how can I fix it?

It doesn't happen when I change back to piano (i.e. I hear the whole chord) and several other sounds that I tried. I know the synthesizer leads are monophonic and will play the last key played. But guitar is supposed to be polyphonic, and I believe it used to play all the notes together before. Now its just one note like the leads.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 3:37 PM

I lose the polyphony. and only one note out of the 6 notes in the track plays. What's wrong and how can I fix it?

This sounds like you were using an arpeggiator patch. Then all notes in a chord will play like an arpeggio, one after the other.

Which patch are you using, and which settings?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2015 3:37 PM in response to sdddsdsd

I lose the polyphony. and only one note out of the 6 notes in the track plays. What's wrong and how can I fix it?

This sounds like you were using an arpeggiator patch. Then all notes in a chord will play like an arpeggio, one after the other.

Which patch are you using, and which settings?

guitar polyphony

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.