Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a virus in my emails how do I get rid of them on my Macbook air Phishing ones

What are we supposed to do when we have viruses on our Macbook. I think it is coming from my emails but I deleted all of them. The ones in junk will not delete.

MacBook Air

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 8:23 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2015 7:02 AM in response to chelle24

What is telling you that you have viruses? I'm guessing that you have some kind of anti-virus software installed that is identifying some of your e-mail messages as malicious. If so, be aware that you should NEVER allow anti-virus software to delete your e-mail messages! They may not actually be malicious, and if they do happen to be phishing e-mails or contain malware attachments, deleting through anti-virus software will corrupt your mailboxes and won't properly remove the messages from the mail server.

For more information on how to properly remove this kind of stuff, see:

How to remove infected files

Incidentally, what anti-virus software are you using?

(Fair disclosure: I may receive compensation from links to my sites, TheSafeMac.com and AdwareMedic.com.)

I have a virus in my emails how do I get rid of them on my Macbook air Phishing ones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.