Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

extra apple tv in airplay menu

I'm currently using a 3rd generation TV on the latest software, an iPhone 6 on iOS 8.2, an iPad on iOS 8.2, an iMac on OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, and an airport extreme. When I airplay from any of those devices, I get an extra TV in the airplay menu. When trying to connect to the extra TV, I'm prompted for an onscreen code that doesn't populate on my TV. This extra TV also shows up on my TV as an option for airplay speakers. The issue was also present on my 2nd generation TV. I've done several things to try and resolve it but to no avail. I have restored all devices involved and that hasn't resolved the issue, I have used a different router with no change. I have used no internet connection and that hasn't fixed it. I have even used the hotspot from my phone and the issue still persists. There seems to be some element, some link in the chain that I'm missing and it's getting just a bit frustrating. I've included a screenshot from my computer and my phone with the extra option in the airplay menu. Has anyone seen this before?User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

AppleTV 2, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 11:17 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2016 1:09 PM in response to aggermane

I have this issue as well. It's very difficult to google. I've confirmed that there is only 1 Apple TV connected to my router. I've tried changing the name of my Apple TV as well. The strange thing is when you change the name, the unique name shows up but then the extra ones are called Apple TV (n)

extra apple tv in airplay menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.