Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Master Track Settings

I'm running 10.10.2 on a mid-2011 iMac, and Logic Express 9.1.8.

In my mixer, the channel strip marked 'Master' usually has settings I can alter, but for some reason the channel strip has gone blank. I don't even have a 'Setting' button at the top that I can use to reset it.

I've read a bunch of threads on here where people had the same problem because one of their outputs got switched to 'Surround' by accident but I have checked every channel strip, and every single one is set to 'Stereo' including the Prelisten track (which I gather is the typical culprit).

Please can someone help me figure out how to get my Master channel strip working again? I attach a screenshot so you can see what sort of set up I'm working with. Right above where it says 'Master' there are usually slots for inserting effects (like Mastering presets), but as you can see it's completely blank. Also, I don't know where AUX 1 came from. Perhaps that's got something to do with it, because I don't remember creating or using any Aux channels during this project.

User uploaded file

Many thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2015 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 9:48 PM

So I fixed this myself, albeit completely by accident. I created a new track for an organ sound I wanted to add, and for no apparent reason, the Output 1-2 channel strip suddenly appeared, allowing me to create mastering presets, etc. So for anyone who has this problem in the future - try creating a new track, perhaps a software instrument, and see if that fixes the problem for you. I guess I was wrong to think the Master channel strip was the one I was looking for (although I did go looking for an output channel strip, and couldn't find one).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2015 9:48 PM in response to Andrew Howat1

So I fixed this myself, albeit completely by accident. I created a new track for an organ sound I wanted to add, and for no apparent reason, the Output 1-2 channel strip suddenly appeared, allowing me to create mastering presets, etc. So for anyone who has this problem in the future - try creating a new track, perhaps a software instrument, and see if that fixes the problem for you. I guess I was wrong to think the Master channel strip was the one I was looking for (although I did go looking for an output channel strip, and couldn't find one).

Missing Master Track Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.