Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12 : Podcast delete from an iPod

I have hard days using iTunes 12.

On the one hand, the iTunes Playlist

- the list may be very, very long

- to make it useable one can delete individual Podcast from that list ...

- but this would be a waste of time since the deleted items reappear each time a refresh is performed

- I noted that each refresh performs the download of one (unwanted) item, which cannot be stopped.

On the other hand, the iPod

- the podcast list is again very long and includes all the unread Podcasts, even those deleted from the Playlist.

- read Podcast have an empty check box on the left but cannot be deleted

What is the effect of checking the box ? I don't know and the help is mute.

- unread Podcast have a filled or or half filled blue dot on the left side

I do not see how I can PERMANENTLY delete some of these to save memory space in the iPod.

An extra problem is that it is hard to understand what is stored on the Mac, what is stored on the iPod, what is still on the server.

Since deleted item reappear, is a delete a true delete from the hard drive or not ?

Well, my question is: How do you manage Podcasts so you have the minimum inventory both in the Playlist and in the iPod, both to save memory space and for a better user experience ?

My feeling is that iTune 12 is very difficult to use and not intuitive at all.

Apple is slowly losing its know how about intuitive interfaces and should resurrect the team who produced the famous "Human Interface Guidelines" (1992).

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 6:45 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 12 : Podcast delete from an iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.