Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why are the videos from my iPhone 6 not showing up in iPhoto on my Mac with retina

Why are the videos i have taken on the iPhone 6+ not syncing to my iPhoto on my iMac with retina.. nor are they in Photostream on my iPad Air 2...

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 8:48 AM

7 replies

Mar 16, 2015 3:36 AM in response to Cynthia Errickson

The option is under photos when I sync to iTunes on my iMac. I am assuming now that I must import the videos to iTunes on the Mac in order to then sync videos to my iPad....

Syncing with iTunes is for transferring videos and photos from your Mac to the iPad, but not the other way round. iTunes Photo sync is only one-way - from the Mac to the mobile devices. iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

If you want to import the videos to the mac, connect the iPad to a USB port on your Mac and import to iPhoto this way. Or transfer them by sharing to a Shared Photo Stream.

Mar 16, 2015 4:12 AM in response to Cynthia Errickson

Are you seeing the duplicates in the Import panel?

If you are taking Photos with HDR enabled, you may be seeing the JPEG original and the synthesized HDR photo. Then the photos are not really duplicates.

But if you are seeing identical photos twice, you are seeing he camera roll and the photo stream at the same time. In that try one of these fixes:

• Open the camera.app before you connect your iPhone.
  • Eject the iPhone and connect it again, if you are seeing duplicates.

why are the videos from my iPhone 6 not showing up in iPhoto on my Mac with retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.