Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got this email--do I have to reset my passwood?

You recently initiated a password reset for your Apple ID. To complete the process, click the link below.
Reset now >
This link will expire three hours after this email was sent.
If you didn’t make this request, it's likely that another user has entered your email address by mistake and your account is still secure. If you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you can reset your password at My Apple ID.
Apple Support

powerbook g4, Mac OS X (10.3.7)

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 8:56 AM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2015 12:51 PM in response to njoy00

Hi njoy00,

From your post I see that you've received an email that is prompting you to reset your Apple ID password. If you didn't make the password reset request, then I'd like you to please take a look at the information in the links below, to verify whether if it's a phishing email or not.

Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Cheers,

Alex H.

Mar 17, 2015 2:41 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Alex __I use gmail and I did find the original text of the email that was purportedly sent by appleid. The received lines look different to me but I'm not sure what numbers I am suppose to look for. I tried to copy it and post it here but the security of this site would not let me post the information. I finally found an email address to report phishing to apple but it is a non response address. I never followed the link in the email so I'm not worried that I gave anybody information. Still it is jarring when you get an email that claims you did something that you did do.

I just got this email--do I have to reset my passwood?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.