Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 focus on rear camera do not work iphone 6 plus

After update to iOS 8.2 focus on the rear camera stopped working. I have been searching around on the forum and see that other people as well have experienced the same issue on ios 8.1.3. So far I have not seen any other than me that have been having trouble with ios 8.2. Most likely I think this is a hardware issue with the optical stabilization of the lens. I will send my phone to service and update what this could be. Have anybody else had same problem aftee upgrade to iOS 8.2

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 10:21 AM

9 replies

Mar 17, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Dario967

I have sent my phone to service in Norway. If I find out what was wrong with the phone than will I publish it here on the forum. My phone was working as normal until I upgraded to iOS 8.2. After the update was the autofocus not working at all. For me it seems like the focus was on about 20 cm. However I have a feeling that this was an failure of the camera unit of some reason.

Mar 25, 2015 3:44 AM in response to Jnilsskog

exact same issue. And I can be TOTALLY sure it is related to the update since I was at the birthday party of my little nephew taking photo and everything were just fine. Then my brother asked me if I had already updated my iPhone. I said no and then I updated it while I was still there. From the moment the phone ended the update, I ended taking photos... The update screwed the camera focus mechanism somehow. I'm trying to downgrade to 8.1.3 and see if it will be back to normal. In this case it is a software issue, otherwise it will be a hardware failure caused by the update. I'm dowloading 8.1.3 ipsw right now.

Sep 3, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Jnilsskog

I am having the same problem with iPhone 6 plus after upgrading to 8.3, my rear camera is out of focus.

I had it fro STC Saudi Arabia - Riyadh still in warranty ends Dec 2016

I deliver the iPhone 6 plus after 3 visits they recommend to deliver it to Hassibat Alarab

Hassibat Alarab Saudi Arabia - Riyadh refused to take the phone

I deliver it back to STC

I am deeply upset and angry about the No service No clear answers to finalize this situation

after being a loyal customer for iphone series ... kindly advice

Wael Enani

waelenani@hotmail.com

iOS 8.2 focus on rear camera do not work iphone 6 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.