Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating data from iPhoto app to photos on ipad

i went to delete the iphoto app and got the prompt to migrate the data. Clicking this caused the photos app to open but I saw no progress bar. How can I tell if it has migrated? I can't see what was in iPhoto and the usage still shows 315MB.

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 10:06 AM

6 replies

Mar 15, 2015 10:11 AM in response to jocko11

First, as a storage method, if you have enough iCloud storage space, go to icloud.com, sign in and go to photos. Select and drag all of your photos from iPhoto into the library. After you have backed up, the extra storage space is probably still the pictures because migrating the data may just copy the pictures and paste them in your desired location. The extra storage space may be software etc.. Also, the photos app has not come out yet, so that is why it isn't downloading.

Mar 15, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks everyone. The Old Toad understands where I am at on the iPad version of iPhoto. This app no longer functions. When trying to delete you are prompted to migrate data. I did try several times but never saw a progress bar or the completed box that shows in the link Old Toad included. I am not going to lose sleep over this as I probably have everything backed up on my Mac. But since they killed the app I can not see what it contains. Doink!

BY the way any confusion about this being an iPad problem was because even though I submitted this from the pad the site did not let me post to an iPad site.

Migrating data from iPhoto app to photos on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.