Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchESPN app stutters / speeds up

Hi --

I'm running Apple TV connected to Time Warner provided wireless. My router clocks in a 30 mbps down ad 5 mbps up, verified through speed tests.

When I watch ESPN through the Apple TV app, it is pretty finicky. I experience some of the following problems:

From time to time, the audio remains constant, but the video speeds up to double or triple the normal speed. After a few seconds, the video freezes, and everything catches up.

Other times, the video feed pauses & buffers, much like a YouTube video when your bandwidth is too limited.

I started trying this with 15mbps down / 1mbps up, and before upgrading, there was no difference. I don't think the difficulty is in my bandwidth?

Any ideas?

Apple TV

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 10:52 AM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2015 2:30 PM in response to jgkiser

Hello jgkiser,

The information outlined below can help resolve playback issues with content providers on your Apple TV.

If you have playback issues with a content provider's services

In most cases, you can isolate playback issues to your home network, your broadband connection, or a possible outage with a content provider. To see if your issue is affecting multiple services or a specific content provider, try another service. For example, play a movie trailer from the main menu.

• If the issue is affecting multiple services on your Apple TV, see how to troubleshoot playback performance.
  • If the issue is affecting a single content provider on your Apple TV, restart your Apple TV by going to Settings > General > Restart. If the issue continues, you might need to contact the content provider.

Apple TV: Troubleshooting third-party content providers
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200072

Regards,

Allen

WatchESPN app stutters / speeds up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.