Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Does Not Sync with iMac

Plugging in (via Apple USB cable) my iPhone 5 to sync with my iMac (v.10.10.2) goes like this: iPhoto launches and recognizes photos taken since the last time plugged in. Most times iPhoto recognizes these photos as duplicates. I unplug and re-plug the iPhone until iPhoto does not show duplicated photos. Next: I click on the button to import photos and click on the next button to delete those imported photos from the iPhone. Next, I open iTunes and click on the iPhone device and wait if the iPhone is downloading anything from the iMac. Next: I hit the "Sync" button. The information bar at the top of the window shows progress. When it gets to step 5 of 6 "Importing Photos", it just stays there. This morning, it stayed there for over three hours while I went to do other things. I came back and it was still stuck on "Importing Photos". I cancelled the sync. Is Apple aware of this? Is anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10), null

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 1:28 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 8:57 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks so much, Joe. I had tried searching for an article like that on the Support pages, but didn't run across that particular one. Actually, it wasn't a problem with the image type (jpg, etc.) nor with a lack of space. Windows that appeared after the process stayed stuck on the "Importing Photos" too long mentioned things like, "....an invalid response was received from the device." or "...your iPhoto Library is not yet available." or "...An unknown error occurred (1723)." Now it sync's about half the time and that's only after having turned the phone (home screen) on and making sure none of the apps are turned on. Mysterious. But again, thank you so much for the help. By the way, when I called Apple support, interestingly, they didn't appear to know what error #1723 was.

iPhone 5 Does Not Sync with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.