Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard lagging & holding keys

When I type quickly, the text input lags and some keystrokes appear to be interpreted as long presses or held down. For example, the character accent menu appears or the spacebar gets stuck. When that happens, spaces keep getting entered and I'm no longer able to stop it or enter other characters.

This behaviour seems more prevalent when I'm using Chrome (more in the URL bar & slightly less frequently in text fields) I'm experiencing this lag in other applications as well.

The keyboard works fine when connected with my iPad so it's not a hardware issue. I think it is related to the latest security update 2015-002, as I never had this issue prior to it.

I'm using an 11" Macbook Pro w/ Retina (late 2012) and running OS X 10.10.2.

Message was edited by: gcorvera

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 1:05 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2015 6:30 AM in response to gcorvera

Hi gcorvera,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your Bluetooth keyboard is not behaving as you would expect while connected to your MacBook Pro. In this situation, I would recommend reading over the attached article and working through the suggested troubleshooting steps within.

Troubleshooting wireless mouse and keyboard issues - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Bluetooth keyboard lagging & holding keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.