Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i restore my ipod while its disabled and says connect to itunes but itunes said that it cant because it needs a password and also my home button is broken what can i do to restore it

i cant restore my ipod because its desabled and it says connect to itunes. also itunes is asking me to put in a pasword but i cant and my home button does not work

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 2:37 PM

1 reply

Mar 15, 2015 2:39 PM in response to jastheking

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

Next use the method discussed in the following for placing the iPod in Recovery mode without buttons

Turn on without Home/Power Button

how do i restore my ipod while its disabled and says connect to itunes but itunes said that it cant because it needs a password and also my home button is broken what can i do to restore it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.