Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whats the point of the iMovie folder in iCloud drive

This seems completely backwards to me

In the iCloud option you tick the iMovie option for it to save and upload the files that way it can be saved etc etc.

But what I am finding out is whats the point? It doesn't upload anything into the created folder on iCloud drive. I have created tons of movies for work and well not one of them is in the iMovie folder on iCloud.com when you check so what is the purpose of this folder.

Where are my movies going if they are not being stored in the created folder for said app when they are saved in itheater and uploaded to the cloud?

What bothers me even more is once the videos complete and upload if i go on my other mac i have to wait till iCloud decides its ready to let all the other devices see the movies uploaded. Why can't there be a option to force it to check tired of waiting hours for 2 created movies to eventually show up.

Please don't tell me to log in and out of iCloud its getting old having to do that ALL the time to fix things. apple needs to correct this. they need to tell itheater to put my videos when uploaded into its proper folder rather then being untraceable saved some where i can't see when i log into iCloud.com.

Why are none of my events done on one computer not showing up on the other under events. This is getting crazy.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 8:31 PM

4 replies

May 4, 2015 8:02 AM in response to code2medic

Hi,

I am having a problem with iMovie Theater syncing. I copied three clips from FCPX to my iMovie Theater on my desktop Mac. I opened iMovie on my iPad and my MBP and I cannot see the clips. In fact, I see an old clip that was deleted. I can see the clips on my iPhone. I am trying to figure out how to force a sync on my MBP and iPad.

Are you having any difficulties with Theater?

May 4, 2015 8:14 AM in response to video_newbie

Every now and then I have that issue also eventually the videos show up. I have since my post stopped using iCloud for anything until I see something detailed and where stuff is being stored From Apple chances are it won't happen so iCloud is no longer an option for me.

not to mention bac to my Mac still doesn't work again that's a whole issue on its own and just another thing associated with iCloud

should be renamed to Ifail. Apples business moto seems to be what old gadgets can be reinvented rather then fixing the software and function issues oh well Tim crook at his best I guess

May 4, 2015 8:48 AM in response to code2medic

Yes, BTMM problems a plenty with Yosemite. I should have just copied the files to my laptop instead of relying on iCloud to sync them. LOL, what ever happened to "it just works"?

Sorry to rant but I just don't get Apple's thinking these days. Aperture, iCloud, BTMM, ... Why is all this technology being messed up? Guys like us make recommendations to others about computer technology every day. This is why Apple is doing so well with market share and revenues these days. Management appears to be focused on the "average consumer" user. I agree they need to be focused on these guys. Nevertheless, they need to chart their direction from the referrers, guys like us. So, you would think they would listen, but they won't. They don't even read their own message board.

Whats the point of the iMovie folder in iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.