Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts stuck on preparing for download

Since last week I can no longer download or listen to any of the podcast episodes on my iphone 5, on iOS8.

Everytime I try to queue up an episode for download I get a "preparing for download" or "waiting" message on the episode but nothing happens. I have checked and have perfectly good wifi connections and I have tried on several locations. Streaming the episode also does not work as the play button is greyed out. It seems the podcasts app cannot connect to the download source and get the info.

I have tried deleting and re-adding a podcast. Deleting and re-adding an episode. Pausing and restarting downloads... nothing works.

On the other hand, the exact same podcasts and episodes work fine if i use my ipad so its not the source of the episodes. Also third party podcasts apps such as downcast work just fine.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 4:58 AM

13 replies

Podcasts stuck on preparing for download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.