Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't access website. "server where the page is located isn't responding."

There is only one website that I can't access. jamestownri.gov. It's a municipal government site and it's only been up and running a few months. I got on a few times, but it keeps saying "server where the page is located isn't responding." I can get on from my phone. It's weird.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 7:00 AM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2015 7:11 AM in response to tim_riel

Double-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it, then copy it to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

jamestownri.gov

Launch the Network Utility application.

Step 1

Select the Lookup tab and paste into the address field by pressing command-V. Then press return. Post the output that appears below – the text, please, not a screenshot.

Step 2

Select the Ping tab and do the same. Please enter the same input as you did in Step 1. Don't use the output of Step 1 as input to Step 2.

Important Note

Some web browsers and mail clients will automatically convert a domain name such as "www.example.com" to a clickable URL, such as http://www.example.com. That will interfere with the test. If necessary, edit the input in the Network Utility window to remove any added characters.

Jul 28, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Linc Davis

Hello, I'm having this same problem with a website I created and am wondering if you could help me. I can connect to the website using my phone and my home network, but am unable to get on at my office. The problem happens across all of the computers at my office so I'm assuming that the problem is my server. I reset my router and modem but that did not solve the problem. I ran the tests you stated above and here are my results.

Lookup

Lookup has started…

dining.atthelakemagazine.com -> 64.73.214.115

Ping

Ping has started…

PING dining.atthelakemagazine.com (64.73.214.115): 56 data bytes

Request timeout for icmp_seq 0

Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Request timeout for icmp_seq 2

Request timeout for icmp_seq 3

Request timeout for icmp_seq 4

Request timeout for icmp_seq 5

Request timeout for icmp_seq 6

Request timeout for icmp_seq 7

Request timeout for icmp_seq 8

--- dining.atthelakemagazine.com ping statistics ---

10 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Jul 28, 2015 8:09 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

BobTheFisherman wrote:

Your site is down.

atthelake

Dining Directory Under Maintenance
Please check back again soon.

And it may be that icmp packets are blocked at your gateway.

No that is what is supposed to be displayed. I am currently still working on the site so a login is needed to access the page. I can get that to display from my phone and from my home network. The problem I am having is that that page won't display from my work network.

Can't access website. "server where the page is located isn't responding."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.