Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail not receiving some Gmail messages

Hi,

For the last week I've experience problems getting mail on my .mac/.me/.icloud email account. It's seems to be exclusive to Gmail account emails being sent to me. Co-workers are experiencing similar issues in totally separate scenarios, so I know it's not isolated to me. Anyone else getting screwed by this? I can't find any support on this and the apple support link says access denied when trying initiate a simple response.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 12:56 PM

I am having this same issue. I am not receiving any messages from Gmail users on my iCloud account. I also cannot send any messages from my iCloud account to a Gmail user. They simply do not receive the message. Please advise!!!

22 replies

Feb 9, 2017 10:19 PM in response to lif

I just bought a Mac Mini and populated from an iMac backup. Mail wouldn't load from Gmail, and it kept asking for a password. The password was correct via both Chrome log-in and Safari log-in. I spoke with the Apple Support Desk (Singapore) and we solved it as follows: Google views Mail as a "less secure app". You have to go into your Google account and enable "less secure apps" (turn on).

We deleted the gmail account and reentered credentials as a MAIL ACCOUNT.

Boom. Done.

Mar 16, 2015 5:17 PM in response to lif

No one will assume responsibility for this. Apple blames it on Google, Google has no support (so we can't call on them), and I think Google is now yanking comments and threads on their forums (because I can no longer find the discussions that were up a day or two ago).

This is a radical problem, very hard to solve. I'm going nuts knowing that there could be many of my friends and business associates are probably sending me emails. I'm not getting them, they don't know I'm not getting them, I'm losing business, and I don't know what's going on with my friends.

Mar 16, 2015 6:28 PM in response to lif

Hey, gang, I have CONCRETE PROOF from Google that it is Apple's fault:

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mac.com by mx2.mail.icloud.com. [17.172.34.11].

Apple can no longer pretend it is Google's fault because THERE ARE SPECIFIC APPLE SERVERS THAT ARE REJECTED GMAIL EMAILS.

Mar 16, 2015 8:33 PM in response to santranyc

Yup, that's what I get too.

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mac.com by mx3.mail.icloud.com. [17.172.34.65].

The error that the other server returned was:

451 4.5.3 Too many rejections; try again later.

Mentioned that to the senior advisor. He's going to turn over to his engineers, but wanted me to turn over access to my account. I will tomorrow, but am certainly backing up my 20gbs+ of emails 1st (yeah, I keep just about everything). Still surprised they are unfamiliar w/these issues. I've got several coworkers complaining about the same thing, plus you guys, so it's for real.

Mar 17, 2015 11:42 AM in response to lif

adding that Gmail accounts' behavior in iOS mail app has been very erratic during the last few weeks ... like the account has a really hard time to update and download new messages. This is just with gmail, no issue with other providers. That's s bit off topic here ... could be related ...,no idea.

Mar 17, 2015 11:47 AM in response to simon165

Still having issues with not receiving emails from gmail. One thing I have notice is a lot more spam is making it through gmails filter. Wondering if maybe apple is try to block those spam emails and as a result is also blocking some of the good emails. Could also be overloading apple servers and that is why some emails take a long time to receive. Just guessing...

Oct 20, 2015 3:02 PM in response to lif

I'm also still having this problem. Anything I send via my gmail account to my icloud account, I don't receive. Not in spam, not in junk. Also it shows up on my gmail's side in my sent messages, and never gets bounced back.

Oddly enough, when I send it from my gmail on my iphone, it works. But when I send from the same account on my mac, it doesn't work.

iCloud mail not receiving some Gmail messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.