Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air won't connect bluetooth

I'm trying to connect my MAcBook air (mid 2012) to my iphone 6 via bluetooth and it's not working out (I did it before), the mac says "make sure network access is enable" which it is. Now when I try to call my cell, my mac can answer in its place but when I try to transfer a file or a photo from my iphone via Airdrop to my mac, the mac is nowhere to be found.

I figured it's the macBook because I can Airdrop from iphone to iphone, easy.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 12:52 PM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2015 6:44 AM in response to Millie Savard

Hey Millie Savard,

I understand that you are seeing an issue with AirDrop usage between your computers. Here is an article that has some things to look for if you can’t find the device you wish to AirDrop to:

Mac Basics: AirDrop lets you send files from your Mac to nearby Macs and iOS devices - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

Also, while your computer and phone do not need to be paired for AirDrop to work, you will want to make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are activated in both devices, and that you are on the same Wi-Fi network. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

MacBook air won't connect bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.