Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to I export my podcasts list to OPML?

As the title says...

You used to be able to do this by right-clicking on 'podcasts' in the lists of sources, but with the war on the sidebar intensifying this doesn't appear to be the case any more. The only place you can find 'podcasts' as a source is under Podcast playlists, and right clicking it now options for play and shuffle only.

Is OPML export still possible some other way, or has it been removed (and thus another retrograde step in a long list relating to v12)?

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2017 10:07 AM

And I've checked on my Mac and it works exactly the same way that I have both described and illustrated.

User uploaded file

If it isn't working for you then perhaps you need to reinstall iTunes. Check the starting condition. Select Podcasts in the sidebar first.

tt2

14 replies

Oct 24, 2017 2:38 PM in response to turingtest2

Don't know ... this was my first attempt at creating an OPML file ... and after all that it didn't give me what I was hoping for anyway. 😟 I was hoping that - in addition to the podcasts themselves - it would contain information on which episodes of each podcast I had listened to and which I hadn't. But it didn't.

And so I went back and forth between Podcasts and Overcast and made sure I redownloaded the episodes I needed. Unfortunately, there are two podcasts where I'm working thru back episodes and will just have to try to remember what I've listened to and haven't.

And all because Apple took the working just fine Podcasts app in iOS 10 (and earlier) and broke it to the point of unusability in iOS 11... 😠

Oct 24, 2017 2:52 PM in response to turingtest2

There are a number of changes they've made that are aggravations (no list view of podcasts anymore, for one example) and there is one absolute show-stopper for me ... if you have multiple episodes of a podcast they used to play one after the other automatically. Now they don't. Since I listen to podcasts while driving that's an absolute show-stopper. I know that you can manually add podcasts to "play next" but why should I have to do more work to compensate for Apple taking away valuable features when they release "upgrades"?!?

How to I export my podcasts list to OPML?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.