Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the 10.10.2 update I cannot receive emails @icloud.com. What's happened?

I cannot receive any emails @icloud.com email. I can send them, but nothing ever comes in. This is applicable to my Mac and my iPhone 5s. I noticed it after the 10.10.2 update.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 2:25 PM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2015 7:06 AM in response to eliot.rose

Hi eliot.rose,

If you are unable to receive your iCloud mail, try the troubleshooting steps in the resource below to resolve the issue. Are you able to access your email at www.icloud.com?

iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Mail - Apple Support
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203528

If you can't access iCloud Mail at iCloud.com

1. Check the System Status page to find out whether any known issues are affecting iCloud Mail.
  2. Make sure that you're using a supported browser and that your browser is up to date: Choose Software Update from the Apple () menu and install any available Safari updates, as well as any security and OS X updates. Instructions for updating other browsers should be available from the built-in or online help for those browsers.
  3. If your iCloud Mail issue occurs only when using a particular browser, try clearing that browser's cache:If you're having issues accessing iCloud Mail from one location or Internet connection but not another, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network administrator. Some Internet configurations intentionally or unintentionally prevent access to certain websites or services, such as iCloud Mail.
    • Safari 6 or later: Choose Reset Safari from the Safari menu, then select the "Clear history" checkbox and click Reset. Or choose Develop > Empty Caches (if you don't have a Develop menu, choose Safari > Preferences, click the Advanced icon, then select the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” checkbox).
    • Safari 5 and earlier: Choose Empty Cache from the Safari menu.
    • Other browsers: instructions should be available from the built-in or online help for the browser.

If you can't receive mail in OS X Mail

Locate the name of your iCloud account on the left side of the main Mail window. If your iCloud account name is dimmed and has a lightning-bolt symbol next to it, your account is offline. To bring your account online, make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, then choose Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. If that doesn't resolve the issue, follow these steps:

1. Choose Preferences from the Mail menu.
  2. Click Accounts in the Preferences window.
  3. Select your iCloud account from the list of accounts.
  4. Click the Advanced tab and verify these settings:
    • Port: 993
    • Use SSL: (selected)
    • Authentication: either "Password" or "Apple Token"

If you experience issues sending or receiving mail on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Check the System Status page to find out whether any known issues are affecting iCloud Mail.
  2. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet: try opening a webpage such as apple.com in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  3. Go to iCloud.com on a Mac or PC to verify that you can receive email for your iCloud account.
  4. Make sure that Mail is turned on in Settings > iCloud.
  5. Make sure that Push is turned on for your device in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. Then send an email to your account to verify that Push is working correctly.
  6. Make sure that Push is turned on for your iCloud account in Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars > Fetch New Data. If you're using iOS 6, tap Advanced. Then Tap your iCloud account and make sure that Push is turned on. If you have multiple iCloud Mail accounts set up on your device, Push can be used only with one account at a time. Make sure that Push is turned on for your primary iCloud Mail account.
  7. Turn your device off and back on.

If the issue persists, turn off each of the settings in steps 4, 5, and 6 above, then turn them back on. If that does not help, follow these instructions to delete the iCloud account from your device, then add the account back:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.
  2. Tap your iCloud account.
  3. Tap Delete Account. If you store Contacts, Calendar, or Bookmarks data in iCloud, you will be given the option to keep that data.
  4. On the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars screen, tap Add Account, then tap iCloud to begin setting up your iCloud account again. If data from your device is stored in iCloud, you will be given the option to merge that data with the data on your device.

If none of these steps resolve your issue, contact iCloud Support for further assistance.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Since the 10.10.2 update I cannot receive emails @icloud.com. What's happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.