Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot send "contact us" emails because I don't know my smtp password.

Some websites have a "contact us" button; when you click it, an email form pops up. I type my question and choose my gmail address for sending it, press send, and a box appears asking for my smpt.gmail password. I do not know it and there is no way to change it. How can I reset that password?

Wendy

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), iOS 8, 10.6.8

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 3:01 PM

2 replies

Mar 16, 2015 10:23 PM in response to superiorwendy

First, it's wrong to say 'there is no way to change' your gmail password. There has to be. You not knowing how does not mean it can't be done. If passwords could never be changed then they offer no significant security benefit.

Separate to that, though, what site(s) are you referring to. I cannot think of any (legitimate) web form that would require your own email credentials to send the site operator an email - when you submit the web form, the data goes to their web server, and it is THEIR server that generates the email. It never touches your account and doesn't need your password.

If you're using a form that does ask for your mail password then I would run away. Fast. It smells fishy to me.

I cannot send "contact us" emails because I don't know my smtp password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.