Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6- have to restart phone for data to work.

Since buying my iPhone 6 a few weeks ago, there have been 3 or 4 instances now where the cellular doesn't work for apps and I have to resort to restarting my phone. Nothing is different about where I am or my phone. Once I restart, everything is normal again. Has anyone ever dealt with this before? It'd be nice to know how to fix it!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 3:36 PM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2015 7:28 AM in response to mattylin

Howdy mattylin,

It sounds like you are having to restart your phone a lot to keep you cellular data connection working. I would recommend the troubleshooting in this article, aside from the part about restarting, the next time that it happens.

iPhone cellular data connection issues

Follow these steps for help with cellular data issues on your iPhone. After performing each step, test to see if your iPhone still has the issue.

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings, turn airplane mode on, wait three seconds, and then turn off again.
  2. Restart your iPhone.
  3. Make sure that your software is up to date:
  4. Remove the SIM Card and reinsert it. Allow the iPhone to acquire the network again.
  5. If your SIM card has SIM PIN enabled, try turning it off: Tap Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.
  6. Try another location. If a different location works, but the original location still doesn't, contact your carrier to report the issue.
  7. Reset network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    Resetting network settings on your device will erase all current saved settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
  8. Restore the iPhone as new.
  9. Contact your carrier to:
    • Verify that the iPhone is properly set up on the account with the appropriate, current data plan.
    • Verify that there are no account-related blocks.
    • Find out if there are specific error messages in the carrier logs that could help determine why the issue is occurring.

If none of the above steps resolves the issue, contact your carrier, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact AppleCare.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Iphone 6- have to restart phone for data to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.