Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten EFI Password, HELP! (2010 Model)

I'm only 19, my parents purchased the computer for me years ago. I set an EFI password on it around that time as well -- STUPID DECISION!! Unfortunately, I ended up shattering the trackpad and was unable to fix it, let alone use it at all essentially, for 8 months or so. I finally was able to replace it and access my computer again and came to the realization that I cannot - for the life of me - remember my Firmware password, rendering half of my Macbook useless.. How do I fix this? Is there any form of proof of purchase I can look for? My parents have tried looking for the original receipt for proof of purchase but aren't very concerned about finding it.. Ugh. I just want to be able to use Bootcamp again and play my games on there! 😝

Does the changing of the amount of RAM trick work at all? Or is my Macbook a lost cause? 😕

Thanks in advance..

Posted on Mar 16, 2015 7:28 PM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2015 8:15 PM in response to Kappy

****. 😐 Do you think Apple will be obnoxious about resetting it if I can't find proof of purchase anywhere? My parents can obviously come with and vouch that it's mine, since they purchased it in the first place. It hasn't ever had another account on it, only my own. I think the computer itself is named using my name in fact 😝 Ughhhhh! What a PITA!

Forgotten EFI Password, HELP! (2010 Model)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.